A flanged expansion joint, also known as a movement joint, is intended to hold parts together while safely absorbing temperature-induced expansion and contraction of building materials as well as vibration. A flanged rubber expansion joint also ensures easy movement of loads as well as moisture and water isolation.
A flanged expansion joints pipe fitting are commonly found between the sections of buildings, sidewalks, bridges, piping systems, and ships. As leading flanged expansion joints suppliers in UAE, we ensure that our flanged expansion joints fulfill criteria like:
• Having a large capacity for carrying loads;
• Being watertight at the joints to prevent leaks;
• Being able to withstand aggressive substances
Flanged expansion joints are commonly used in piping systems because they provide design flexibility and cost savings by eliminating the complexity of fixed points and reducing the total area required for the pipe system.
Materials Of Construction
• Rubber: A flanged rubber expansion joint is a bendable connector made of fluoroplastics and natural or synthetic elastomers. Additionally, it makes use of metallic reinforcements to contain pressure and a medium flowing through it while absorbing movements in a piping system.
• Stainless Steel: In applications where a flanged rubber expansion joint cannot withstand the operating conditions for the specific application, a stainless-steel flanged expansion joint pipe fitting is used. They are adept at managing vibration, lateral movement, compression, and extension.
Industries used in
As flanged expansion joint suppliers, Al Kun provides flanged expansion joints to various industries like:
• Steel plants: In the steel industry, flanged expansion joints allow for movement and dampen vibration in pipe systems.
• Petrochemical and chemical industry: Flanged rubber expansion joints are used in the piping systems of oil refineries, pumping stations, and oil rigs to absorb thermal expansion while maintaining system pressure.
• Pulp and paper industries: The intricate piping systems that safely and efficiently pump chemicals into the paper industry are fitted with flanged expansion joints.